Strong and beautiful: Dental crowns in Boise, ID
Crowns are one of the oldest types of dental restorations. They are intended to restore both the function and the appearance of your smile. Yet crown materials and techniques continue to evolve and improve. The team at Horizon Dental Group – Dr. Sarah Enright & Associates in Boise, ID has restored countless smiles with contemporary crown technology.
Each of your natural teeth has a crown—the enamel-covered portion visible above
A dental crown can be used in these situations:
- An area of decay so large that, once removed, there is not enough tooth structure to support a filling
- A piece broken off a tooth
- Hold pieces of a fractured tooth together
- Provide strength and protection for a tooth that has had root canal therapy
- For cosmetic improvement in a tooth with deep discoloration or odd shape or size
- Repair teeth that are worn down from bruxing (clenching or grinding).
- As part of dental bridgework to replace missing teeth
- As the finishing touch on a dental implant
You have options in dental crowns in Boise, ID
The overwhelming philosophy at Horizon Dental Group is to make a thorough assessment, then use the right materials for the individual and the condition. Crowns are no exception. We use aesthetic restorations that blend beautifully with natural dentition.
Working with a professional dental laboratory for the fabrication of crowns, we have a variety of ceramics at our disposal. For example, e.max crowns are a good choice for anterior (front) teeth. They are made of lithium disilicate, a material with excellent durability and an opalescence quality that closely mimics natural enamel.
Lustrous zirconia crowns are extremely strong. We suggest these for posterior (back) teeth subjected to a great deal of bite force. Durable zirconia crowns may also be recommended if you have bruxism, meaning you clench and grind your teeth during sleep. Are you ready for dental treatment truly tailored to your needs? Schedule a visit to Horizon Dental Group – Dr. Sarah Enright & Associates. We have two offices in Boise. Call West Overland Road at 208-301-6293, or North Garden Center Way at 208-816-7324.